About this spot
This location is somewhat off the beaten track, both in terms of photography and literally. High above upper Wensleydale, the views are extensive - with it even being possible to pick out Ingleborough to the south west on a clear day. This is very much limestone country though, there may not be the huge limestone pavements you find in other places but the crumbling cliffs give it away and light up beautifully in the right light.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.