White Mill Bridge
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The ancient multi-arched Whitemill Bridge that spans the River Stour just outside Sturminster Marshall, is allegedly the oldest bridge in Dorset dating back to the 16th century, although it stands on timber pilings dating to the 12th century. The handsome looking bridge is 210ft long having a total of eight nearly semicircular arched spans between which stand pointed breakwaters on both sides of the bridge. It is an undeniably attractive piece of architecture.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.