About this spot
This isn't merely a single location to go to, take a photograph and leave - but more an area of land above the valley that is well worth exploring to find some of the many broken down dry stone walls and rocky outcrops. You're not far from the summit of Buckden Pike here either, by wandering up across the moorland there are very few obstacles to stop you and the views from the top are superb what with this hill being situated right in the middle of the Dales. On the clearest of days it's possible to see four national parks from here - the Yorkshire Dales (of course), the North York Moors, the Peak District and the Lake District.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.