Later this year we’ll be launching a brand new product by SNAPP Guides; PhotoHound – a new way to find amazing photo spots.
We listened to your feedback on SNAPP Guides and found that our photographers were looking for a way to plan their photography trips and shoots on a desktop in addition to having all the great features and off-line functionality that the SNAPP Guides app already offers. Many of you also wanted more access to good quality free content. We’ve been looking for better ways to share photo locations with more of a community-minded approach and also in a responsible way that encourages us all to take care of our planet as we photograph it.
Taking all that on board, here’s what PhotoHound will offer all photographers:
- Search for amazing photo spots on your desktop PC, laptop or tablet
- Browse inspirational photos by other photographers
- Navigate to exact spots and know where to park or arrive by public transport
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Add your own spots to the platform
- Share your images with the community
- A way to connect with other like-minded photographers who travel for their photography
We have already added thousands of spots and incredible images from 80+ countries to the platform, and these will be added to and updated on a regular basis to keep the content fresh, curated and relevant.
All this will be available as a web application on your desktop, with the option to use all of our fantastic free features – and we promise it will be useful! For photographers wanting more, you’ll be able to subscribe to access our premium features which will include:
- Advanced search options
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs – sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Get local tips, creative and technical advice
- Browse all PhotoHound Collections and suggested itineraries
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Enhanced user profiles
- Send spots and itineraries to the PhotoHound app for offline use in the field (Coming 2020)
- A way to give back as you shoot – part of your subscription will go towards supporting our chosen environmental charities.
At PhotoHound, we’re committed to giving back, both to the planet and to our top contributing photographers. We’re setting aside a percentage of subscription revenue to support charities that promote programmes to protect and enhance the environment. We’ve also created a revenue share scheme to reward our top contributing PhotoHounders for sharing their images and photography knowledge with the community. Our PhotoHound Pro Photographers will lead by example and photograph according to our responsible photography code, which serves to remind and educate photographers to leave no trace other than the beautiful images we create as we shoot.
You’ll hear more from us about PhotoHound very soon. In the meantime, be assured that your SNAPP Guides app continues to work as usual and you can still purchase one off guides via the iTunes store or Google Play. Once we make the final switch over to PhotoHound, you will still have access to your purchased guides (whether or not you choose to subscribe to the new platform) as they will appear as Collections within PhotoHound. Sign up here to be first to know when we launch, how to get involved and how the platform is evolving.
We can’t wait to show you more soon!
Jules, Luka & Mathew